- Definitions and Interpretation
- Who We Are
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights as a Customer
- Section 1: Personal Information
6.1. What data do we collect?
6.2. What do we do with this data?
6.3. How long is this data kept?
6.4. Do we share your personal data?
- Section 2: Security
- Section 3: Cookies
- Questions and Contact Information
We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, fusionmarine.com (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
2. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
3. Who We Are:
Fusion Marine Limited is a private limited company registered in the United Kingdom with company number SC310042. Our registered office is:
136 Anderson Street,
- In writing, at the address above. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
- By email to this address: email@example.com.
- By telephone on +44 (0)1463 229400.
4. What Does This Policy Cover?
5. Your Rights as a Customer:
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to access any information we hold on you.
- The right to have information held by us updated.
- The right to have your information removed from our databases.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to object.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
6. SECTION 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
We are not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and organisations for marketing gain.
6.1 What data do we collect from you?
When you browse our website or carry out actions such as the following:
- Correspond with us whether by phone, email, contact us form,
- Engage with us on social media.
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Contact Information (email address, phone or mobile number),
- Business Name,
- Job Title,
- Demographic Information (postal address including postcode, preferences and interests),
- Customer Service correspondence records,
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type, activity, referring URL and operating system (automatically collected),
6.2 What do we do with this data?
We use your information for the following reasons:
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails, contact forms, or calls from you.
- To improve our website and services. We use your personal information to help analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- Analysing your use of Our Site. To enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- Internal record keeping.
- Marketing. If you consent, we may use your information to contact you periodically with information that may be of interest to you via email or phone. We ask for your consent in order to use the contact details you have provided to us to send personalised marketing or retargeting communications. Please see below for more information on third parties and cookies used to provide these services.
6.3 How long is this data kept?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- Contact Details – your contact details will be held for 6 months following the initial contact.
- Cookies – please refer to the section below for more information on cookies and cookie duration.
6.4 Do we share your personal data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
We may share your personal data with other companies in our group if necessary for the purpose of your enquiry. This includes Gael Force Engineering, Gael Force Marine Technology or Gael Force Marine Equipment.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply certain products or services. These may include payment processing, delivery, and subcontracting. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold. If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
7. SECTION 2 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We have added an SSL certificate (https) to our website so that any communication that you have with us will be encrypted and the information will be secure.
8. SECTION 3 – COOKIES
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. Data collected include the number of visitors to various parts of the site.
Cookie Name: BIGipServerZebedee
Purpose – This cookie is a session cookie. This means that each time you visit our website it is created and when you leave our website it is removed. It enables our web server to respond to your actions on the site when viewing pages. Our site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however, this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser.
From 26th May 2012 and in line with EU Cookie Directive, you can view details of types of Cookies that may be used on our website.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
10. Questions and Contact Information
In compliance with The EU GDPR Directive 25th May 2018, if you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Data Protection Officer by email or post at the address given in the ‘Who We Are’ section above.
For security reasons, we will require identification (i.e. order information, utility bill) to confirm the identity of the requestor. Requests will be dealt with within one month of receiving the request.
This notice was last updated on 28/09/2018.